Web Design Wednesday - 04/12/2013
Jen Yuan is a self taught graphic/web designer, he dived into the pixels of graphic design and into the lines of code at a young age, 17 to be exact. Currently he is focused in the field of Tumblr themes and he also helped develop the new The Design Blog website / theme - he did an amazing job in short period of time and I would highly recommend him!
I want something that money can’t buy.
We were so young. It just wasn’t fair my dear.
Chromeography: Metal logos and lettering
Stephen, who featured in 8 Faces #2 and whose book The Geometry of Type we reviewed on Type worship, has been running the blog on tumblr since 2009. The collection of letters led to an exhibition last year at Mota Italic in Berlin and with it the creation of the Chromeography logo in collaboration with Laura Serra (another 8 Faces contributor ).
The myriad of myriad of lettering and logo are collected from all over the web with some shots by Coles. Not just vintage cars either but cameras, refrigerators, typewriters, and I even spotted a gun.
- Pink 1957 Cadillac front fender emblem (by Erin Ellis)
- A 1940s or ’50s Ford F-100 (by Marisa Burman)
- 1973 Yellow Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (by R. Gust Smith )
- 1960 Consul Typewriter 1531 Portable (by DeAnna Maurin)
- 1969 Red Chevrolet Chevelle SS Coupe (by Randy von Liski)
- 1963(?) Oldsmobile Starfire (by Mike Braaten)
- 1978–83 Dodge Street Van (by Thomas Hawk)
- Mercury Meteor by Mark F. Walker